www.cleanandgo.com Chimney Sweep Bath
Home Services Prices Info/About us Contact Us Domestic Cleaning

Professional
Chimney
Sweep
Bath & surrounding area

01225 830073

Chimney sweeping in and around Bath

Member of The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps

online booking request


SAFETY

Professional Chimney Sweep Bath & Surrounding Area

If you’ve not used us before, give us try ~ we’re confident that you really won’t be disappointed

Carbon monoxide

What do you know about carbon monoxide (or CO)?

You can’t see it.  You can’t smell it.  You can’t taste it.

It’s a poisonous gas that can make you seriously ill or even kill you - quickly and without warning.

Many people wrongly believe that carbon monoxide (CO) is a problem associated only with gas appliances.  Actually, all solid fuels including wood, coal & smokeless fuel, will also produce carbon monoxide as a result of incomplete combustion.  

In fact all carbon fuels can produce carbon monoxide when burnt in an enclosed space. Obviously your home is an enclosed space.  As a professional chimney sweep, as well as sweeping your chimney, I’ll advise you to install a Carbon Monoxide alarm if you don’t already have one.  It’s worth noting that if there’s a problem, solid fuel appliances can create many times more carbon monoxide than gas appliances.

To be honest, when I visit houses in and around Bath, I find that some people don’t, or sadly just won’t, appreciate the potential danger of Carbon Monoxide from their open fire or stove.  So please follow the links below if you still need convincing or would like more information. They are from three credible organisations: the NHS, the Health & Safety Executive and CO-Be-Alarmed.

http://www.co-bealarmed.co.uk/

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/carbon-monoxide-poisoning

http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm

PLEASE BE CARBON MONOXIDE AWARE - INSTALL A RELIABLE CARBON MONOXIDE ALARM - HAVE YOUR CHIMNEY SWEPT REGULARLY.

Chimney fires

Over 9000 chimney fires were reported in the UK last year. The rise in chimney fires in the UK is largely due to homeowners being unaware of the importance of keeping their chimney clean and clear.  This includes steel liners.

The  good news is that you can make your chimney far safer by having it swept regularly.

Chimney fires can be caused by:

So what have you got up your chimney?  Lighting a fire under a blocked chimney could put your home at serious risk. It is imperative that you have your chimney cleaned regularly to minimise the risk of your chimney catching fire.

It is strongly recommended by Avon Fire & Rescue Service that you have your chimney swept at least once a year – sometimes more frequently depending on the type of fire.Do you know when was the last time you had your chimney swept?

If you haven’t had your chimney swept in the last year, please do get in touch.  I offer a professional chimney sweeping service and am quite happy to have a “no obligations” chat with you about your requirements.

See links below - Avon Fire & Rescue make a safety plea:

[Click to read: Chimney fires spark safety plea]

[Click to read: Unswept chimney sparks fire]

[Click to read: Warning from firefighters]